Sooo... Blogs and stuff...

/
0 Comments
I've been feeling the itch to get my write on in a non-rhyming way for a little lately and as funds are reasonably tight for the time-being the option of launching/re-launching a site isn't so much available. This has prompted me to regain access and get rid of the dicky old description of this long-forgotten blog that I posted to once like 6 years ago. Haha. It's pretty funny how you change over time as the description that I had for myself on the blog definitely isn't something that I identify with any longer.

I'll be dribbling a little garbage here which will most likely only be read by the few with too much time on their hands that stumble across this humble little pit of drivel, probably talking about some of the projects I'm aiming on getting done, of which to be realistic, will probably not happen as I'm a dreamer or will happen on a much more convoluted timeline than intended (not unlike my mixtape which took probably 5 years to get done, changed name and I completely revised the tracklist of multiple times of which if I didn't apply a timeline might not have seen the light of day even now - along with more than a little help getting it recorded from my boy Roth-triple-E) and some general hip-hop stuff as I am indeed a lifer who will undoubtedly be a head until my untimely but probably entirely self-inflicted demise... hopefully as a very old man, but probably not...

Sooo... What have I been up to? I've been working my 9-5 (not necessarily between the hours of 9-5 but the job that pays the bills) to make ends meet, watching too much streaming video (have tried Netflix - US and AU -, Stan and Presto, plus YouTube still gets a fair bit of viewing for me), playing some Xbox One (if you're on there give me an add - UD Zulu61), been on FarceBook a lot less but still pop in for the amusing memes and to post a little about random things and most importantly being a father to my baby girl and the munchkins that make up the missus and my lil' tribe. Kids are amusing little creatures that teach you as much as you teach them.

Musically? I've been doing a little music as energy and motivation allows. I did actually put up a new track/extended verse "Hard Times" slightly earlier this year which is the first remotely official release since the mixtape (which features a pic of my lil' girl that still makes me tear up a lil'... shame). I've been re-recording some other old material (which is primarily a fair amount newer than the aforementioned 'single') as I'm really wanting to drop an EP in the shorter-term amongst other things. Have been toying with the idea of making the whole EP called "Hard Times" but don't actually want to have it all dark/emo like the single so not sure if I will end up going with that, definitely feeling the need to get some new music out tho. Considering dropping at least a 16 to the Fat Joe/Remy Ma track's "All the Way Up" beat as that has been regularly stuck in my head lately.


"Hard Times" single/cover image. Available on BandCamp.com for $1 or more. Funds will go towards further musical releases from your's truly.

I've also started a somewhat stagnant little grass roots Hip-Hop clothing (t-shirts and hoodies at this point) endeavour called Lifer. There's been 3 designs thus far and I've been keen for a fair while to do another set but being funded directly out of my family's budget there hasn't been the interest expressed to allow me to do so at the moment. It can be checked out at http://www.facebook.com/liferclothing

What have I been listening to? In transit I'm still rocking an iPod Classic 120GB (no newer MP3 players are large enough to bother updating) with 3935 songs on it that I set to shuffle usually. Artists featured on my iPod include Big Pun, Chino XL (still my two favourite rappers), Apathy, Celph Titled, Black Knights, Aesop Rock, Copywrite, Dilated Peoples, Evidence, The Dopplegangaz, Erick Sermon, Esoteric, Eternia, Fat Joe, Evidence, Fieu (what's that? an artist that's not rap?), The Four Owls (UK rap, see I am down with variety...), Game, High and Mighty, Gravediggaz, Gangstarr, Jah Tung, Jay-Z, JMT, Kendrick Lamar (tho he hasn't really grabbed me yet), LCN, Lazy Grey (hometown legend), L-Fresh the Lion, and a bunch of others, primarily underground rap. Always go back to my favourites on the reg and listen to myself from time to time... Haha.

I can really dribble on hey. I doubt anyone really wants to sit and read all of this so for now I'm going to end this post and will be back with smaller posts over time most likely. In the meantime, be sure to hit up the "Hard Times" track on BandCamp and if you dig it and want to support throw in a dollar or a few to help the cause of getting something official out from me. I'd be lying if I denied funds to really do something on any kind of professional level hadn't played part in the lack of music from me.

Until next time, stay safe.




You may also like

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Father, hip-hop head, dork, Zulu 61 Ahki, intellectual (maybe, at times), procrastinator... oh, and now and then I rap...